5.20.2009

Lets hear it for the girls!

There are two ladies in my life who are like sisters to me. Unfortunately, one of those women lives way too far away. But that doesn't matter, she still found time to leave me a wonderfully funny (to us at least) post for my birthday. Thanks Mere! As of 3:31am this morning, I am 29. Just one year away from th-th-th-irty. I don't think I will make it through the year. I'm just not ready for that number which will not be named. I know, I know, in my 100 things about me post I said I was ready but I totally am not ready.

The other of those two ladies is planning on hog tying me and dragging me out tonight. Unfortunately, Payton was crying every 20 to 30 minutes from 10:45pm until 3am. I was up with her, rubbing her back, trying to soothe her, trying not to loose my cool because it totally wasn't her fault but I was totally tired and really needed to go to bed. She is a talker when she has nightmares and said some pretty funny things. What causes a 7 year old to have nightmares all friggin' night long, you ask? Here are some snippets of what I got out of here while she was mumbling in her sleep:

1) No! Don't put the cup down! It's scary! (don't put the cup down? What the hell is so frightening about a cup?)

2) Stop it Lucia, I don't want to play that game. (I couldn't get her tell me what the game was. It was a secret game and, even in her sleep, wouldn't give up the secret)

3) No Caden! Don't CADEN! That IS MY snack! (aw, a fat girl at heart)

4) CADEN! STOP IT! (I hear that all day, it just makes sense she sees it her dreams, too.)

5) CADEN! Leave me ALONE!!!!!! (hmmm...do you see a theme developing here?)

Poor little thing, her brother even torments her in her dreams.

But I digress, I am exhausted today. I will be shocked if I make it past 7pm. Maybe I will throw back some vault, go for a run, and make it until 9pm. Of course, maybe not. PK might have to drag me home and tuck me into bed.

OOOOOO! Speaking of going for a run. I have a totally new way to get a mini work out everyday! We finally have access to the stairwell. Before we could get in but only get out on the 1st or 20th floors. That means I had no choice but to take the elevator from the 4th floor (that's where I park) to the 11th floor. But, they put a little key card lock on the 11th floor stairwell so now I can take the stairs instead of the elevator. That is 7 flights up everyday. Add that to the 1.5 blocks I walk to get from my car to the door and I get a nice little mini work out in the morning!

Okay, off to enjoy my birthday with my favorite breakfast. Well, second breakfast. Joe and the kids made me waffles. but off the grocery store to buy a mocha latte and a tub of raspberries. The perfect breakfast!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you had such a rough night, but HAPPY BIRTHDY! I hope you have a great one. And for what it's worth, thirty isn't so bad. :o)

Aunt Becky said...

Happy Birthday, yo!